Monday, May 11, 2009

SheetLoads Design Team News!

Remember a few weeks back when I posted my SheetLoads Design Team Try Out projects? Yesterday, the new design team was announced and I'm on it!! I'm very excited to join this talented group and showcase my all-time favorite e-zine for sketches!

It just so happened that I already had my current SheetLoad cards ready to post. Here is the May issue:



And here are my cards taken directly from this sketch:


Stamps: Hero Arts (A Real Field Wildflower), Papertrey (Flower Garden Sentiments, Mixed Messages). Carkstock: Stampin' Up (Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Bella Rosa DP), watercolor paper. Ink: Stampin' Up (Riding Hood Red, Old Olive). Accessories: Spellbinders Long Rectangles, Stampin' Up scallop border punch, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Word Window punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.


'Scraplings' are the perfect way to use up the extra strip of cardstock leftover when creating a square card. Using the SheetLoad cutting diagram, you will have two 4.25" x 4.25" and two scrapling bases from a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" cardstock!


Thank you cards always seem to be in short supply for me, so I decided to use this SheetLoad recipe to increase my stock -- besides the card base cardstock, I only needed 1 full sheet of the Bella Rosa DP and two partial sheets of two additional DPs to complete 9 cards and 9 scraplings. Even with my tendency to hoard this DP, those are numbers I can justify using a couple sheets.



Be sure to stop by the SheetLoads to say 'Hi' to the other new DT members and to download your own copy of the May issue. Browse the archives for more quick and easy ways to increase your own card stash!


15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the SheetLoad of Cards Design Team Jessica, I can't wait to start working there with you.

    Just love your card and scraplet - devine colours and embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!!! You know I love red! Congrats again!!!

    Lena
    Tackerteosome

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That team is soooo lucky to have you on it...you are the best...Love your projects...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica - i just LOVE these cards. and, i really like how the scrapling coordinates with your cards. the little scraplings would be great to include on a TU gift with the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOT! WOOT!! You go girl!! You so deserve this!! I know you'll be a great part of the team!! I love forward to seeing your creations!! :) The ones you have here are amazing!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team!!! Can't wait to start to see your creations in the eZine.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cards Jessica.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your whole set is gorgeous! I love the scraplings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that bella dp paper! Awesome little set. I'm going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica I love your take on the May SL sketches! Your thank you cards and scraplings came out beautifully! I love your stamped images!! I look forward to working with you on the DT! Can't wait to see more of what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Jessica those are aweosme scraplings and cards!! I love how your scrapling matches the cards!! I am so glad you enjoyed making the scraplings ... be careful, they are quite addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on making the DT and thanks for introducing me to Sheetloads--I've never heard of it before. I'm off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPAH Beautiful Cards, Miss Jessica!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! So gorgeous! I am super excited to see you join the SLoad family!!

    HUGS & Blessings, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!